Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Get to know the Artists: Martha Hughes of Dancing MonkeyJewelry

Tell me about your shop. What will I find there?

Dancing Monkey Jewelry is a funky little jewelry shop that offers limited edition and one-of-a-kind hand crafted artisan jewelry. I love working with sterling and fine silver, Precious Metal Clay, semi-precious stones and fresh water pearls.


How long have you been in business?

Officially, 7 months. I've been selling my jewelry to my friends, family and co-workers for 5 years.

Where do you sell your creations?


I have an online store: www.dancingmonkeyjewelry.etsy.com and I sell at local craft fairs and art shows.

Do you have a blog or web-site?

Yes, I have a blog: The Dancing Monkey Jewelry Chronicles. It started out being a journal of my first year as a new business owner but I soon grew bored of that so I've branched out to include other topics.

Who is your favorite crafts person/artisan or favorite web resource ?

Demitra's design on Etsy

Robert Socha Photography on Etsy

Parkhust Pottery on Etsy

Team EtsyRain - Etsy's Seattle Street Team

And where it all began The Bead Factory - the premier bead store in the Puget Sound Region

Are there any upcoming craft fairs/art shows that you’ll be participating in this year?

Aside from Bella Faire - Art in the Garden, nothing is set in stone just yet. I have a couple of shows that I've applied for and I'm just waiting to hear from them to see if I've been accepted as a vendor.

No comments: