Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Welcome to the newest incarnation of Bella Faire!

I wanted to start a blog dedicated to cooking.  Then I re-thought that idea and have decided that it really isn't feasible to do so right now.  After all, that I have enough challenges maintaining the three blogs I already have.  My latest ideal is to modify one of my existing blogs and this is the blog that is under consideration.  First of all, my readership is very small as it gets the least amount of attention of all my blogs.  

This blog started out as a way to promote an art fair that I was helping to organize a couple of summers ago.  However, it doesn't appear that "Bella Faire - Art in the Garden" will ever happen again.  So, I renamed my blog "Bella Faire - The Art of Gardening" and I had grand plans of writing all sorts posts about gardening, resplendid with photos of  the neighborhood and local gardens and, most importanly,  my garden.  Nothing really happened after that.  For one thing I didn't spend much time in my garden last summer (too hot!  lost interest - didn't have money to spend in the garden.)  and I haven't been gardening that much lately (it is winter after all!).  All in all, a dismal failure.

That brings me to cooking.  I do a lot of it - it's my most practical creative outlet.  And I like to eat, love to eat in fact.  I'm a good cook and I have all these aspirations of starting a "cooks garden" this summer - growing mostly herbs and lettuces with a few tomatoes plants thrown in to create the beginnings of the perfect salad.  So, you can see where I'm going with this - I'm combining my interests in gardening, cooking and photography into one under utilized blog.  How perfect is that I ask you???!!!

In the future you will see this blog filled with photos from my garden, planting tips, recipes for my favorite things go cook and maybe a few "favorite blog features".  I see all sorts of possibilities for this blog and all of them are great! 

Stay tuned for more.

Best,

martha

No comments: